Cheesy lobster swimming around in an ultra-comforting bowl of even cheesier macaroni. The cheese is gooey and golden, forming a perfect blanket of flavor for the lobster to lounge about in. How can it get any better than that?! One bite of lobster mac and cheese and you’re in foodie heaven! It is the perfect marriage between creamy, cheesy goodness and succulent lobster. Every bite contains irresistible flavors – think Gruyere, lobster meat, the taste of lobster bisque thanks to a touch of Cream Sherry and Cognac, a hint of Parmesan Romano, plus all the herbs and spices that make this dish truly unique. And if you thought it couldn’t get any better, it does: it’s all served up piping hot with a crunchy savory bread crumb topping that will keep you coming back for more! In other words, lobster mac and cheese is simply delicious. For the Bread Crumbs: click here
Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 pound Butter at room temperature
- 2 ounces Flour
- 1 large Shallot diced very small (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 lb. Lobster Meat cut into small bite size
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon freshly chopped, use ½ if you are using dry
- 2 tablespoons Cream Sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Cognac (optional)
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- ½ pound Macaroni COOKED
- 4 ounces Gruyere grated
- 4 ounces Parmesan Reggiano grated, plus 2 tablespoons for the topping
- 4 ounces Fontina grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup Bread Crumbs
Generously Buttered a Lasagna pan (8 cups /2 lite r/20cm X 28 com /8” X 11”)
Preheat Oven to 375°F / 190°C
For the Lobster:
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and when hot add the shallots and sauté for a couple of minutes, add the lobster pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes; add the tarragon, cook for another minute and add the sherry and the cognac. And turn off the heat and reserve.
For the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, heat 4 ounces of butter; when hot, add the flour and mix well to create your roux. Add ½ of the milk, and using a whisk, mix well. When well incorporated, add the remaining milk. When everything is nicely mixed, add the cheeses and blend well.
- Add the pasta and the lobster. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and transfer to your buttered lasagna pan. Top with the breadcrumbs and the parmesan and bake for about 25 minutes or until it is nicely golden brown.