Black Cherry Clafoutis (Custard Pie)
Hello friends, today I'm going to share my Black Cherry Clafoutis Recipe! Call it whatever you want, Cherry Pie, Cherry Custard Pie, Clafoutis. No matter what you call it, it's delicious! My mom used to make this Clafoutis for me when I was a kid and I always loved it. I'm sure you will love this Cherry Pie too!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup ½ & ½
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Non-stick baking spray
- 3 cups sweet black cherries, pitted and well drained (if canned or frozen drain very well)
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- Preheat Oven to 275°
- In a blender, combine the flour, sugar, salt, eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Blend thoroughly.
- Generously spray the bottom of a 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with a non-stick spray. Spread the cherries evenly on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the batter slowly over the berries.
- Set the baking dish inside a large lasagna style pan, add hot water to ¾” from top rim of the cups, creating a hot water bath. Bake for 1 ½ hours or until the tip of a small knife inserted in the center of the custard comes out clean. Take out of Bain Marie* and let rest at roon temperature for at least 2 hours and refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours or better yet overnight.
- Set the cold Clafoutis again in a baking dish or a large lasagna style pan, add hot water to ¾” from top rim creating another hot water bath. This will help releasing the custard and invert the pie on a cold plate.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and sprinkle powdered sugar in the top.
*Bain-Marie (Water bath) Place the filled serving dishes in a large, shallow pan of hot water (dishes should sit three-quarters in the water). The water surrounds the Crème Brulee with gentle heat, which protects the delicate custard from curdling.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023