Surf and Turf the Perfect Valentine Day Meal!
Hello there friends! Celebrate love this Valentine's Day with this surf and turf dinner! Impress your special someone with succulent lobster and juicy steaks, cooked to perfection. Watch this video to see how you can create this restaurant-quality meal at home. From preparation to presentation, I've got you covered. Indulge in the best of both worlds and make this Valentine's Day one to remember.
- 1 Lobster Tail cut in half to make two medallions
- 2 Filet Mignon 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 1 ounce Cognac
For the Sauce:
- 3 ounces Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon Tarragon chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1 ½ cup of Red Wine (the Chef used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon aged Balsamic Vinegar (only if it is a sweet vinegar)
- ¼ cup Beef Stock (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat Oven to 450°F / 230°C
Make the Sauce:
- In a reduction pan, heat 1 ounce butter and when hot add the shallots and cook for a couple minutes. Add the tarragon, garlic, when the garlic is fragrant add the wine and reduce until only half remain (this could take 5 to 8 minutes). Add the beef stock and cook for a couple more minutes. Using a potato smasher smash the blueberry. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce using a very fine mesh strainer and add the remaining butter off the flame.
Cook the Filet Mignon:
- Season the filet with salt and pepper.
- In a sauté/fry pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of clarified butter (or your favorite cooking oil) and when hot add the filet and cook until golden brown on one side, flip on all sides quickly and flip on other side and transfer to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest about 7 to 8 minutes.
Cook the Lobster Tail:
- Salt and pepper and sauté them in the same pan the filet cooked for a few minutes. When cooked deglaze them with Cognac.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023