Hello friends, today I’m going to show you how to cook green beans. Green beans are one of my all-time favorite vegetables. They’re healthy, delicious, and make the perfect side dish to almost any meal.
How to Cook Green Beans Perfectly!
This is my favorite green bean recipe. There are endless ways to cook green beans, but my favorite way is to saute them after blanching them in boiling water, then adding a little bit of butter (I mean a lot! You know me folks, you can never have too much butter!), toasted almonds, sundried tomatoes, and garlic. This blend of ingredients is simple to prepare but results in a dish that explodes in flavor!Whether you're looking for a healthy side dish or just something delicious to add to your meal, green beans should be your go-to choice!So let's get cooking!
- 1 ½ pound Fresh Green Beans, cleaned and ends cut off
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- ½ cup Shallots finely sliced, if you do not have it use onions
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes cut into very thin julienne
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- ½ cup of Toasted Almonds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If you are cooking your vegetables in advance for your dinner party, you can Poach or steam them in advance and plunge them in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. You can do this a day in advance if you like and when ready to eat all you have to do is to reheat them in butter like the Chef did in the video.
- In a sauté pan or in a wok, heat your butter when hot and he shallots and cook for a couple minutes. Add sundried tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the poached green beans, and heat for a couple minutes. Add the garlic, when fragrant remove from the heat immediately. Add more butter of you like!!!:)
- To serve at the last minutes add the toasted almonds and chopped parsley.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023