Home Fries and Eggs
- 4 Eggs cracked in individual bowls in advance
- 2 ounces Clarified Butter, Regular Butter or Butter Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion minced
- 2 large Baking Potatoes cut into small dice
- 1 ½ cup Bell Peppers diced any color you have, optional
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped, optional
- 1 cup approx. Smoked Sausage sliced (The chef cut them lengthwise first and then in ½ circles about ¼ inch thick.
- 1 teaspoon Parsley chopped, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a frying pan heat the butter, when hot add the onion and caramelized until light golden brown at medium high heat. This could take at least a few minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- When the onion are light golden brown, add the potatoes, bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste and add the sausages. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Or until the potatoes are tender. Take cover off and continue to cook to eliminate extra moisture.
- Using a ladle make the space to break the eggs use the stainless tell rings if you have them. Crack your egg in a small glass bowl and carefully add it in the middle of your frying pan. Add salt and pepper and cover the pan for about 3 to 4 minutes depending how you like your eggs cooked.