A Ham and Cheese Omelet Recipe Sure to Please!
Do you love omelets but find them tricky to make? Never fear! This ham and cheese omelet recipe is easy to follow. Ham and cheese are a classic combination that is beloved by many. And what could be better than starting your day with a delicious Ham and Cheese Omelet?
This Ham & Cheese Omelet recipe is packed with flavor and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. The Ham and cheese are layered together in a fluffy omelet. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast, delicious brunch dish, or a satisfying dinner, this Ham and Cheese Omelet is sure to hit the spot.
So, today I’m going to show you how to make the perfect ham and cheese omelet. There are a few tricks you may or may not already know, but be sure to pay attention so you can also make a perfect omelet! Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Jump to Printable Recipe
Ham & Cheese Omelette
Makes a 6 Egg Omelette
- 1 ounce sweet not salted Butter to use at the beginning
- 6 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 more ounces cold sweet not salted Butter cut into small ¼” cubes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Parsley or your favorite herb chopped
- 2 ounces of Baked Ham Slices cut into small cubes
- 1 ounce grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ounce grated Parmigiana Reggiano
- In a glass bowl using a fork make sure to really mix the eggs and salt and pepper thoroughly. Add the parsley and the butter cubes.
- Add about 1 ounce of the cold butter to a cold pan. When you fry pan is about 250ºF/275ºF and the butter is foaming pour the eggs in the pan and using a wooden or silicone spatula be sure to mix constantly to create small curds. Make sure your heat is not too hot, like medium to medium low. Mix constantly for about 60 to 90 seconds and cover the entire bottom of the pan.Clean the side of the pan, turn the heat OFF add ham and cheese and wait about 3 to 4 minutes to let the cheese melt. And carefully fold the same way the Chef did it in the video.
- Before serving make sure to rub more butter on top to create a nice shine and the sprinkle more grated Parmigiana Reggiano.
Please share this recipe with family and friends! Thank you!