Home Fries – The Perfect Side Companion with Eggs
A fried or scrambled egg, or even ham and cheese omelet breakfast just wouldn’t be complete without a side of home fries. I mean, what’s the point of all that egg if you’re not going to have something as delicious as fried potatoes to enjoy them with?
Home fries are incredibly versatile and can be flavored in a variety of ways to suit your taste. Whether you like them plain or loaded with onions and peppers, there is no disputing they are a delicious breakfast staple.
The key to making good home fries is to get them nice and crispy on the outside while still maintaining a soft, fluffy center. And of course, don’t forget the salt! A little bit of salt goes a long way in bringing out their flavor.
So next time you’re making breakfast, make sure to include a side of home fries. Your tastebuds will thank you.
Easy to Make Home Fries
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 or 3 large Baking Potatoes cut as the Chef did in the video
- 2 Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion diced
- About 1 cup mixed Green and Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut them as the chef did in the video. Rinse the potatoes and put them in a pot to cook them. Cover with room temp water about 1 inch above covering them. Salt the water, add about 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar and cook the potatoes until cook through. Drain and If not ready to serve yet, spray them on a cookie sheet to cool. This will allows them to cool without overcooking them and making them mushy.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent. Add the potatoes and salt and pepper, bell peppers and cook until golden brown to your liking.
- Add the garlic and the parsley just a few minutes before serving.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023