How to Make Beurre Blanc Sauce - Butter Sauce Recipe
Hello friends, today I'm going to share with you how to make a BUTTER SAUCE or a Beurre Blanc! One of my favorite sauces to make.. obviously, SO MUCH BUTTER! This sauce is best served with a white fish, although it can be served with whatever you like. How ever you serve it, it is going to be delicious!
- 2 ounces non-salted Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots minced
- ½ cup Chardonnay
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of One Lemon
- 6 ounces room temperature (non-salted) Butter cut into ½ ounce pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dill chopped
- In a Sauté or Reduction pan heat 2 ounces butter and when hot add the shallots and slowly sweat them in the hot butter for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the White Wine and Lemon Juice and let that reduce for about 10 minutes or until you have only 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid left. Add the Lemon Zest.
- Reduce the heat to VERY VERY Low (if you pan is too hot let it cool a little before adding the butter). The pan should be cooler than 190°F.
- Start adding the butter slowly, make sure each piece is incorporated before adding the next piece.
- The Chef used a fine mesh strainer to strain the sauce at this point (optional of course).
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste, a little more lemon zest and the dill.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Like this recipe?Please share it with your family and friends!