How to Make Beurre Blanc Sauce - Butter Sauce Recipe
Hello friends, today I'm going to share with you how to make a BUTTER SAUCE or a Beurre Blanc! One of my favorite sauces to make.. obviously, SO MUCH BUTTER! This sauce is best served with a white fish, although it can be served with whatever you like. How ever you serve it, it is going to be delicious!
- 2 ounces non-salted Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots minced
- ½ cup Chardonnay
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of One Lemon
- 6 ounces room temperature (non-salted) Butter cut into ½ ounce pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dill chopped
- In a Sauté or Reduction pan heat 2 ounces butter and when hot add the shallots and slowly sweat them in the hot butter for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the White Wine and Lemon Juice and let that reduce for about 10 minutes or until you have only 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid left. Add the Lemon Zest.
- Reduce the heat to VERY VERY Low (if you pan is too hot let it cool a little before adding the butter). The pan should be cooler than 190°F.
- Start adding the butter slowly, make sure each piece is incorporated before adding the next piece.
- The Chef used a fine mesh strainer to strain the sauce at this point (optional of course).
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste, a little more lemon zest and the dill.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023