Making The Perfect Béarnaise Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Butter
- 2 Shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon Chervil chopped or flat leaves parsle,y leaves only
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon chopped leaves only
- 2 ounces White Wine, The Chef used a Chardonnay or a Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 ounces Tarragon Vinegar or White Wine Balsamic Vinegar NOT White Vinegar
- 3 eggs Yolks
- 2 ounces Water, Room Temperature
- 4 ounces of Clarified Butter
- On low heat in a sauce pan, sweat (cook slowly) shallots in 1 tablespoon sweet butter, when translucent add Chervil, tarragon, white wine, vinegar and bring to boil and reduce until barely 1 tablespoon remains and set aside to cool.
- In a pot on the stove or in a stainless steel bowl on top of hot water add the eggs yolks, and the water. Immediately start to mix the two and cook them very slowly. The bottom of the bowl or the bottom of the pans cannot be too hot so that you cannot touch it with your hand.
- Cook for however long it takes to start solidify and you can easily see the bottom of your pot or bowl.
- Very slowly add the clarified butter about 1 tablespoon at the time wait for each spoon to ne incorporate before adding the next.
- The sauce will last at room temperature for a few hours. CANNOT be reheat
For the Laser Thermometer: click here For the Reduction / Saucier Pan: click here For the White Wine Balsamic Vinegar: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- Savory Beef Short Ribs Asian Style: A Culinary Masterpiece - June 1, 2023
- Chef Jean-Pierre Answers Your Questions - May 29, 2023
- Delicious Cassoulet Recipe: A Taste of French Comfort Food! - May 25, 2023