A Very Simple Chicken Curry Recipe – My Favorite Chicken Dish!
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite chicken dishes. I love all kinds of chicken dishes, but this is one of my favorites, Chicken Curry!
There are a number of different types of curries, and wherever you go throughout Asia you are going to find different ways of preparing it. Every place in the world where you find curries you are going to find that every family has their own different way of preparing it. There is no one right way of preparing curry, except for preparing it the way that is right for you.
This simple chicken curry recipe is how I prepare my curry, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family, friends, and I do. It is a very simple recipe to make. So let’s do it!
Simple Chicken Curry Recipe
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Olive Oil or your favorite cooking oil
- 1½ pounds Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast - cut into 1” pieces
- ½ of a Red Onion cut into julienne
- 1 large Sweet Potatoes cut into small dice
- 1 green bell pepper cut into julienne
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder, more if you like
- Grated Ginger to taste, the Chef used about 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- ½ cup Cashews blanched
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch diluted into cold water
- ¼ cup Cilantro Leaves roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
For the Curry Powder:
- 3 tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 tablespoons Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ginger ground
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric ground
- 2 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- Heat oil in wok or a large sauté pan on high heat. When hot add the chicken and sauté until light golden brown on all sides. Add red onion, Sweet potatoes, Bell peppers, drizzle the toasted sesame oil, ginger, Garlic, Cashews and the chicken stock. Add corn starch to adjust consistency if necessary.Adjust seasoning with salt and serve on top of rice.
For the Curry Powder:
Enough Curry for about 4/5 dishes
- Sauté the seeds in a frying pan for 4/5 minutes and let them cool on a cookie sheet.
- For the rest of the ingredients, use a coffee grinder and grind until very smooth and all are well blended.