For the Mashed Potatoes: click here
Panko Crusted Mahi Mahi
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds Fish
- 2 Eggs mixed with one tablespoon Milk
- 1 ½ cup Panko processed in your food processor with Herb De Provence
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, the Chef uses his famous Butter Olive Oil
Port Wine & Tarragon Sauce Beurre Rouge
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 2 Shallots minced
- ¼ cup aged Balsamic Vinegar, we use an 18 years old Black Mission Fig
- ½ cup Port Ruby Wine or Madeira
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon chopped
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch dissolved in 1-tablespoon water, ONLY IF NEEDED
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Fish:
Preheat Oven to 375˚
- Cut the fish into 6 to 7 ounces portion. Or in 3 ounces medallions.Dredge one side only of the fish in the flour, then in the egg and the Panko crumbs.In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil to 365ºF and when hot sear the fish bread side down until golden brown. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. The chef likes to be about 135ºF to 145ºF internal temperature.
For the Port Wine & Tarragon Sauce Beurre Rouge:
- In a saucepan, heat butter and when hot, add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar, tarragon and Port wine and cook for 3 additional minutes. Add the stock, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until smooth. Add more butter at the end off the heat and adjust with salt and pepper IF NEEDED to your liking.