Butter Poached Salmon Medallions
Hello friends, you know what goes well with everything? You got it, Butter! Today I will show you the best way to cook Salmon that melts in your mouth. Butter Poached Salmon Medallions are so tender it breaks apart with the first touch of a fork. Paired with a fabulous sauce, Poached Salmon Medallions make a fantastic dinner.
- 2 lbs. Salmon cut into 2 to 3 ounces medallions
- About 4 ounces Sweet Butter
Chardonnay & Chives Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter, not salted
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 pinch of Saffron, optional
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Des Meaux/ Country Mustard, mustard with seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Four to five Asparagus per person
- About 1 teaspoon Butter Olive Oil per person
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Cut the fish into 2 to 3 ounces medallions. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Melt the butter slightly in the microwave (maybe 10 seconds) DO NOT COMPLETELY MELT, melt only to a creamy/soft stage. Brush the soft butter into the fish medallions.
- And when your sauce is ready, put the fish in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking!
- Chardonnay & Chives Mustard Sauce:
- In a saucepan heat the butter, when hot add the shallots. When they are translucent, add the saffron (if you have it) and the Chardonnay and let reduce by half. Add the cream and cook for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the mustard, chives and as much butter as you like. I like about 2 to3 more tablespoons.
- Buttered Asparagus:
- Peel them first and poach them in boiling water to your liking. Immediately after cooked immerse in ice water and reserve.
- When ready to serve heat some butter in a fry pan and gently reheat the asparagus.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023