Roasted Beef Tenderloin
For the Tenderloin:
- 1 Tenderloin of Beef about 2 pounds about ½ lbs. per person
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil or Clarified Butter
- Salt and Pepper
Quick Pan Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Shallots chopped
- 1 cup Red Wine optional
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped Herbs, Tarragon, Sage, Thyme or Rosemary
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat Oven to 450F°/230F°
- Trim the tenderloin of beef or buy the filet already trimmed. If you have the time salt the roast and place it on a baking/cooling rack NOT covered for 24 hours. If you do not have the time do it at least 45 minutes to one hour.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil, when 365F°/185F°. Add the filet and cook until golden brown on each side (this could take 3 to 4 minutes)
- Place in the oven and rotate every 3 minutes remove when it is cooked almost to your liking (120F° for rare, 135/130 F° medium rare). The meat temperature will rise another 5 degrees or so while resting at least 10 minutes.
- Our cooking results in the video were as follow:The small roast almost 1 ½ lbs. Took 14 minutes in the oven.The bigger roast was 3 ¼ lbs. Took 21 minutes in the oven. Both Roasts reached 120F° for rare
Quick Pan Sauce:
- In the same pan, you roasted your roast remove some of the oil if you have more than 1 tablespoon. Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes, until golden brown. Add wine bring to boil and let it reduce until half remains. Add your herb and the beef stock. Cook for a few minutes and off the heat add the butter for a better texture. If you have some of the herb left add some at the last minutes for a fresh and fragrant pan sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.