For the Tomato/Marinara Sauce: click here
Eggplant Parmesan Pie
- 2 medium size Eggplants same size one cut in rounds and the other cut in long slices. (as per the video)
- Flour for dredging
- 3 Eggs mixed with Salt & Pepper and 1 tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs, see recipe below
- 3 cups of Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces Mozzarella grated
- ¾ Cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 2 cups Panko
- 1/2 cup Reggiano Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Herb De Provence mixed
Preheat Oven to 375°
- Cut the eggplant into ¼ inch thick (max.) slices. Dredge each slice into flour and into the egg mixture and the panko mixture. Sauté each slice into olive oil until golden brown.
- Coat the bottom of an oven proof fry pan with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with 7 to 8 rounds slices of the golden brown eggplant slice. Using the same technique in the video, arrange the long eggplant pieces around the fry pan. Cover with one layer of tomato sauce. Cover the sauce with some of the cheeses. Repeat the same action one more time. Finish with some Reggiano. Close the pie following the video.
- Bake into your preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the entire dish is golden brown and the internal temperature is 145ºF.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and process until well blended.
For the Non-Stick Fry Pan: click here For the Laser Thermometer: click here For the Off Set Knife: click here For the Herbs De Provence: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023