An Easy Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Hello friends, today I am going to demonstrate how to make a delicious Creamy Mushroom Sauce! I am revamping the Sauce Collection with the Mushroom Sauce being the first of the bunch. This Mushroom Sauce can be served with anything you want! And if you are worried that you don't like mushrooms then try my technique for cooking them! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 1 tablespoon Sweet or Clarified Butter
- 2 tablespoons Shallots minced
- 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- Porcini Salt if you have it or regular Salt will be fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon or whatever herbs you like chopped or whatever herbs you like chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Aged 18 year old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, if you do not have an aged "18 Year Old Dark Sweet Vinegar" skip it :-)
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 ½ cup Beef or Chicken Stock
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Cornstarch diluted in water
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon sweet butter, when hot, add shallots and cook until light golden brown and add the mushrooms and the salt and cook until they have released most of their water (this could take 7 to 10 minutes).
- Add the fresh or dried herbs, garlic and when fragrant (about 15 to 20 seconds) add the vinegar and wine and let it reduce until about half of it remain. Add stock and cook for 15/20 minutes. Add cream and parsley if you like.
- Adjust the thickness of the sauce with sweet butter or cornstarch and at the last minutes add as much butter as you like. Chef adds at least 2 large tablespoons!!!
Like this recipe?Please share it with your family and friends!