A Delicious Tuscan Chicken Recipe You’re Going to Love!
Tuscan chicken recipe, just like my Mom use to make! A delicious and hearty Italian chicken stew made with a creamy and delicious tomato sauce. I love Tuscan chicken because it is so easy to make. You can have it on the table in less than an hour. This Tuscan chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal, potluck dinners, or entertaining guests. And a great benefit of Tuscan chicken is it can be made ahead of time and reheated when you are ready to serve.
What sides go well with Tuscan Chicken?
Tuscan chicken is a rich and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. While Tuscan chicken can be enjoyed on its own, there are a few sides that pair perfectly with it. For a light and refreshing option, try pairing Tuscan chicken with a simple salad of mixed greens with a Vinaigrette Dressing.
For a lighter option, you can serve some buttery vegetables to serve alongside the Tuscan chicken. Asparagus or Brussels sprouts are a great option. Rice is another classic side that pairs well with chicken. And for a truly indulgent meal, serve Tuscan chicken alongside some creamy Mushroom Risotto.
Finally, no Tuscan chicken meal would be complete without some bread to soak up all that delicious sauce. You can’t go wrong with some hot and crusty Garlic Bread!
What wines pair well with Tuscan Chicken?
Not only is Tuscany is known for its foods, but also world-renowned for its Tuscan wines. The combination of chicken, Tuscan spices, and tomatoes creates a rich, flavorful sauce that is perfect for pairing with red wine. You can’t go wrong with a Sangiovese or Chianti. Both are delicious Italian wines and are an excellent choice, as the acidity of the wine will balance out the richness of the sauce.
However, if you are a white wine lover, try a Vermentino or Grillo. Both are also delicious Italian wines. These wines have enough body to stand up to the heartiness of the dish, but their bright flavors will also complement the spices in the Tuscan chicken. Whatever wine you choose, Tuscan chicken is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party!
A Delicious and Easy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- 4 skinless and boneless Breast of Chicken, or skinless Tights and Legs
- 2 tablespoons of Clarified Butter, or your favorite cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of Regular Butter
- 1 large Onion cut into julienne strip
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into ½ julienne
- 1 Green Bell Pepper cut into ½ julienne
- 2 tablespoons Sundried Tomatoes cut into very fine julienne
- 1 tablespoon Oregano or Sage freshly cut
- 1 ½ tablespoons Garlic
- 2 cups approx. White Wine
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves roughly chopped
- 1 28 ounces can of Cannellini Beans
- 2 tablespoons of Cooked Roux if you have it, if not use a little Corn Starch
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Parmigiana Reggiano
Flour for Dredging:
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Mixed dried herbs Thyme, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil (the Chef uses Herb De Provence)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Salt
Preheat Oven to 375°F/ 160°C
- In a frying pan add a couple tablespoons of clarified butter and sauté the chicken breast until golden brown on each side. Bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on their sizes) or until inside temperature read about 165°F.
- In a Dutch oven add the regular butter and when hot add the onion and sauté them until light golden brown. Add the peppers, sundried tomatoes, garlic, oregano. When the garlic is fragrant (after a few seconds) add the wine and let it reduce until about 1 cup remains. Add the tomatoes puree and the beans and their water. Cook for about 15/20 minutes. Add a couple tablespoons of cooked roux if you have it, if not use a little corn starch. Add the cream and the cheese at the last minute.
Flour for Dredging:
- In a bowl add the flour and all the dried ingredients. Dust the chicken on both sides.