Looking for a simple and tasty meal? This Chicken Stir Fry recipe is the answer!
After a long day at work, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking a complicated meal. This quick and easy Chicken Stir Fry recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal the whole family will love. And the best part is it can be on the table in under 30 minutes, making it the perfect weekday meal after a busy day at work.
Many believe the original Chicken Stir Fry recipe originated in Japan, but it is actually Chinese. However, I do enjoy my Stir Fry over Jasmine Rice. Click here for How to Cook Rice Perfectly Every Time.
What vegetables go best with Chicken Stir Fry?
Chicken Stir Fry is so versatile it is easy to make it just the way you want it. You can make it as spicy or mild as you want and add any vegetable you prefer, or have on hand. Today I am using Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Asparagus, and Broccoli.
But other great vegetables like baby corn, carrots, and snap peas are excellent options. You could also include sliced or pearl onions, or even mushrooms or cherry tomatoes. You are only limited by your tastes and imagination! There is no one right way for the perfect Chicken Stir Fry recipe.
What is the best way to store Chicken Stir Fry leftovers?
Chicken stir fry leftovers are just as tasty (if not more so!) than when you first served them, making them a great lunch the next day. Stir Fry leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to four days, so they are also a great option for meal prep. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
Stir fry is freezer-friendly. So if you find yourself with more leftovers than you know what to do with, or you are preparing meals in advance, divide it into single serving sizes, pop them in the freezer in air-tight containers, and pull them out as you need them.
When you’re ready to reheat your stir fry leftovers, simply use the microwave or give them a quick stir fry on the stovetop. And enjoy!
Try to avoid letting the stir fry sit out at room temperature for too long, as this can spoil the dish.
What wine or beer pairs best with Stir Fry?
To make your Chicken Stir Fry even more enjoyable, try pairing it with the perfect beverage. For a light and refreshing option try a chilled Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc. These white wines will complement the chicken and showcase the nuances of the dish.
For a heartier option, consider pairing Chicken Stir Fry with a beer such as an IPA or Pilsner. The maltiness of the beer will stand up to the bold flavors in the dish leaving you feeling enjoyably satisfied.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe as much as I do.
So, let’s get cooking!
Fast & Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter or Cooking Oil
- 8 ounces Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast cut into bite size
- 1 Zucchini cut into bite size
- 1 Bell Pepper cut into large dice
- 1 tablespoon Garlic finely minced
- 2 Scallions chopped
- ¼ of a Chili Pepper finely diced (optional)
- ¼ cup Cilantro or Parsley chopped
- Any already Vegetables cooked, like Broccoli or Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch diluted in Chicken Stock or Water
- 1 teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
- In a wok or a frying pan, heat the butter or the oil, and when hot add the chicken and cook it until nicely golden brown on all sides. Add and cook all your vegetables like the chef did in the video.
- Add the soy sauce, and the reminding ingredients and add corn starch only if needed.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023