Chocolate Mousse Recipe
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 ½ cup Heavy Cream 1 ½ cup for inside the mousse and 1 cup for the toping
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier or any Orange Liquor
- Zest of One Orange
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar divided in 2 @ ¼ cup
- 5 Egg Whites, room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave oven and cool slightly.
- Whip heavy cream to medium stiff peaks and reserve in refrigerator.
- In a stainless steel bowl, place the egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, Kalhua, Grand Marnier and whisk together until well blended. Place bowl over a double boiler with simmering water and whip until light and thick about 7 to 8 minutes (the consistency of a soft whipped cream, the eggs should double or triple in volume). Add the orange zest. Pour melted chocolate into whipped yolks and the mixture cool for about 15/20 minutes.
- Using a spatula and very gently add in the about ¾ of the whipped cream, The remaining whipped cream can be used for the toping of each glass.
- In another bowl place egg whites whip until soft peak then add the sugar and whip until a Meringue medium soft peak. Again very carefully fold in the egg whites to the chocolate and cream mixture.
- Using a pastry bag or a spoon, fill glasses and let set in refrigerator for a 2 to 4 hours.
- Top the dessert with freshly whipped cream. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate!!!