Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Hello there friends, Chocolate Mousse today! I have seen too many people on the internet trying to cheat on this recipe. I'm going to share with you the perfect recipe for a Chocolate Mousse. Taught to me by an amazing pastry chef from a 3 Star Michelin restaurant I worked at in France. So come and learn this Chocolate Mousse Recipe to amaze yourself, your family, and your friends!
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 ½ cup Heavy Cream 1 ½ cup for inside the mousse and 1 cup for the toping
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier or any Orange Liquor
- Zest of One Orange
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar divided in 2 @ ¼ cup
- 5 Egg Whites, room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave oven and cool slightly.
- Whip heavy cream to medium stiff peaks and reserve in refrigerator.
- In a stainless steel bowl, place the egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, Kalhua, Grand Marnier and whisk together until well blended. Place bowl over a double boiler with simmering water and whip until light and thick about 7 to 8 minutes (the consistency of a soft whipped cream, the eggs should double or triple in volume). Add the orange zest. Pour melted chocolate into whipped yolks and the mixture cool for about 15/20 minutes.
- Using a spatula and very gently add in the about ¾ of the whipped cream, The remaining whipped cream can be used for the toping of each glass.
- In another bowl place egg whites whip until soft peak then add the sugar and whip until a Meringue medium soft peak. Again very carefully fold in the egg whites to the chocolate and cream mixture.
- Using a pastry bag or a spoon, fill glasses and let set in refrigerator for a 2 to 4 hours.
- Top the dessert with freshly whipped cream. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate!!!
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Like this recipe?Please share it with your family and friends!