The Ultimate Strawberry Mousse Recipe: Perfect for Any Occasion
Boy, do I have a treat for you today! Today I want to share with you how to create an incredible desert a luxurious Strawberry Mousse Recipe that’s not only amazingly delicious but also perfect for those special occasions when you want to impress your guests.
Strawberry Mousse is a light and airy dessert that originated in France, and it’s been a favorite amongst dessert connoisseurs for centuries. This heavenly concoction combines the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries with the rich, creaminess of whipped cream, creating a delightful treat that will simply melt in your mouth.
What makes my Strawberry Mousse Recipe stand out from the rest? Well, my friends, I’ve got some secret ingredients and techniques up my sleeve that are going to take this dessert to a whole new level of scrumptiousness. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this.
So, if you’re ready to create a dessert masterpiece that’s guaranteed to become the star of your next dinner party or family gathering, join me as I guide you step by step through this luscious Strawberry Mousse Recipe! And if you like this recipe be sure to try my Amazing Chocolate Mousse Recipe.
Remember folks, life’s too short for boring food, so let’s make every bite count!
Let’s get cooking!
How to Make the Perfect Strawberry Mousse Recipe: A Step-by-Step Guide
Prepare the Mousse:
- 1 pound 16 ounces / 400g Frozen Strawberries, fully defrosted
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon or 8g) Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Limoncello or Grand Marnier Liquor
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 ounces 4 tablespoon / 52g Sugar
- 3 ounces 85g White Chocolate
- 1/4 cup 50g Lemon Curd
- 1 tablespoon 14g Pure Tahitian Vanilla Extract
- Zest of One Lemon or Orange, grated with a Zester
- 1 1/2 cups 12 ounces / 342g Whipped Cream
- 8 large Strawberries for decoration
- 8 Mint Leaves
Prepare the Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 pints 8 ounces each Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar (if needed)
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier Liqueur or your favorite orange liqueur or orange juice
- Zest of One Orange
Make the Mousse:
- Defrost the strawberries at least 8 hours before making the recipe. Save the water that drains from the berries (no more than 1/4 cup).
- In a small bowl, top the gelatin with the liquor and the water from the strawberries. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Process the drained berries in a food processor until very smooth.
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin mixture, cream cheese, sugar, white chocolate, processed berries, lemon curd, vanilla extract, and citrus zest. Heat over very low heat and mix until well blended. Bring to a boil and use an immersion blender if necessary to smooth out the mixture until very smooth. Transfer to a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Place in the freezer or on an ice bath and mix every 10 minutes until the temperature is about 40ºF / 5ºC.
- Whip the cream to a firm whipped cream.
- Using a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cooled strawberry mixture.
- Pour the mousse into cold glasses and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours.
- Before serving, top the mousse with strawberry sauce and whipped cream, and decorate with reserved strawberries and mint leaves.
Make the Strawberry Sauce:
- Clean and roughly chop the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries, sugar, salt, orange liqueur, and orange zest. Let the mixture macerate for at least 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Test a couple of strawberries to make sure they are sweet enough. If they are not, add more sugar. If they are too sweet, add some lemon juice.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until very smooth.
- Serve the strawberry sauce as desired. It can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen 17 Years 😊.
Frequently Asked Questions about Strawberry Mousse
1) Can I make this Strawberry Mousse Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this Strawberry Mousse Recipe ahead of time. You can prepare the mousse up to two days in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2) How do I store Strawberry Mousse?
You can store Strawberry Mousse in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
3) Can I use frozen strawberries in this Strawberry Mousse Recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in Strawberry Mousse Recipe, but make sure to thaw them before use. Also, note that frozen strawberries may have a slightly different texture than fresh ones.
4) What variations of this Strawberry Mousse Recipe can I make?
You can add other fruits like raspberries or blueberries to the Strawberry Mousse Recipe to make a mixed berry mousse. You can also add chocolate or vanilla extract for a different flavor.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023