Melting Chocolate Lava Cake, Not Just Delicious – It’s A Showstopper!
Lava Cake is an incredible dessert that comes with a little showmanship. When your guests cut into it, a stream of melting chocolate lava will ooze onto their plates. This is definitely not just a delicious recipe, but for those who have not had it before, it is a culinary surprise!
Melting Chocolate Lava Cake is an easy recipe to follow and only requires a few ingredients. The most important part of this recipe is the melted chocolate. I use semisweet chocolate for my cake, but you could use any type of chocolate that you like. I also serve mine with vanilla ice cream and Mixed Berry Coulis (Click here for the Mixed Berry Coulis Recipe)
Melting Chocolate Lava Cake is a dessert that is sure to impress. This cake is not only fun to eat, it also fun to make.
Melting Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or just want to treat yourself, Melting Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect choice.
Jump to Printable Recipe
Melting Chocolate Lava Cake
8 ounces (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
8 ounces Semisweet Chocolate
1 cup Sugar
4 Egg Yolks
5 Whole Eggs
2 tablespoons Kahlua (or more if I come for dinner)
1 cup (slightly heaping) all-purpose Flour
- Heat Oven to 500°
- In the top of the stove melt the butter when melted add the chocolate. Using a wooden spoon, stir continuously to help the process along.
- In a glass bowl, whip the egg yolks, the whole eggs and sugar until tripled in volume. When the chocolate mixture is fully melted, stir it into in the egg mixture and Kahlua while whisking.
- When all ingredients are well incorporated, whisk in the flour, making sure there are no lumps.
- Generously butter six 6ounce metal molds. Pour batter into molds, up to 1/4inch from top. Bake in a preheated oven for 6 minutes maximum. Unmold and serve immediately.
- Server with Vanilla Ice Cream and Mixed Berry Coulis
- The mold that you need for this recipe is a Fondant Mold, you can find them on our Website click here
Please share this recipe with your family and friends! Thank you!