Chicken Cake - Surprisingly Satisfying and Delicious!
Hello friends, Today I will show you how to make my Delicious Chicken Cake, similar to a Seafood Cake I've shared before. Cook them to the perfect temperature so they don't dry out the Chicken and serve them as an appetizer or as a main course! Your family and friends are going to love them!
For the Cakes:
- 1 ½ pound Ground Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- ½ of a Lime Zest
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce (adjust to YOUR taste)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Carrot peeled
- 3 cups Breadcrumbs (the Chef used Panko)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups mixed Asian Greens
For the Salad Dressing:
- 2 ounces Garlic Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ounce Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro Leaves roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger grated
- ½ Lime Zest
- 1 teaspoon Curry Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Makes 7 to 8 cakes (depending on their size)
Preheat Oven 375ºF / 190ºC
Special tools the chef used to shape the perfect shaped Cake - 1 x 3 ½ “ round PVC pipe 1” thick - Ice Cream Scoop 2’ 5/8” in diameter
Make the Cakes:
- In a glass bowl, add egg, curry paste, garlic, lime zest, ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, hot sauce, and salt. Mix all ingredients well and add them to the chicken.
- Shred the carrot on top of the chicken, add 1/3 cup of panko, and mix well.
- In a lasagna pan, add 3 cups of bread crumbs and add the shredded coconut and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 3-4 ounces balls. Roll in the panko and coconut until totally coated and shape them into perfect cakes the way the chef did in the video. Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes or freeze them for about 15 minutes.
- Using a large non-stick sauté pan, heat some olive oil when hot, and sauté golden brown on both sides. Transfer to oven and cook for about 15-18 minutes or until cooked to 165ºF/ 68ºC
- Serve with an Asian green salad.
Make the Salad Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023