Easy To Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
I love stuffed bell peppers because they are fun, delicious, easy to make, and healthy. I usually stuff them with Italian sausage and rice, but you can really use any combination of ingredients that you like.
They are versatile, can be customized to suit your taste, and are a healthy option packed with nutrients. If you are looking for a quick and tasty meal, stuffed bell peppers are always a go-to option.
The best part about stuffed bell peppers is that they can be made ahead of time and then just popped in the oven when you’re ready to eat. You can make a big batch on the weekend and then reheat them for quick and easy meals during the week. Plus, they’re a great way to get your vegetables in!
Jump to Printable Recipe
- 4 to 6 Bell Peppers, depending on their size
- 2 cups Rice cooked
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 pound Italian Spicy Sausage, casing removed
- 4 to 6 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- About 2 tablespoons Rosemary, Oregano and Thyme. freshly chopped (if you have them otherwise add your favorite herbs, if dried use ½)
- Fresh Basil chopped into chiffonade
- 2 cups Spinach chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 x 28 oz can whole peeled LaValle Tomatoes crushed with your hands
- 2 tablespoons Parsley freshly chopped
- 10/12 Basil Leaves chopped into fine julienne
- 1 ½ cups Mixed Cheese, Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella
Preheat Oven to 350°F / 175°C
- Prepare the pepper by removing the top and the white membrane and the seeds. Brush them with a little bit of olive oil and salt. Bake in a lasagna type pan in the preheated oven for about 15/20 minutes. When they come out of the oven be sure to pour the water that has accumulate inside in the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat, add the sausage and sauté them until golden brown. Drain the sausage and keep the fat in the pan. Add the onion and sauté them until golden brown. Add the mushrooms, salt, and sauté until they release all their water. Add the spinach and when wilted add the garlic and when fragrant add the tomatoes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed an cook for 20 minutes. Add the basil and mix well.
- In large bowl, add the rice and the sausage mixture above and mix well. Stuff each pepper with that mixture and be sure to pack them tight. And bake them for about 20 minutes. Add the cheese on top and bake the until the cheese is nicely melted.
Please share this recipe with family and friends! Thank you!