Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Hello there friends, today I'm going to show you how to make a Twice Baked Stuffed Potato. I like to make them extra Buttery and Creamy! They came out super delicious and I can't wait to see how you all like them.They are a delicious potato dish that is twice baked, hence the name. This recipe is for the best ever twice baked potatoes. This easy baked stuffed potato recipe is the perfect comfort food!
- ¾ pound Bacon cut into ¼ inch pieces*
- 4 very large Baking Potatoes
- 1 cup Diced onion
- ½ pound Mushrooms chopped
- 4 tablespoons Soft Butter
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Gruyere or a Good Swiss Cheese
- 1 large tablespoon Garlic chopped
- ¾ cup hot Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Chives chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
Preheat Oven to 375°
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Rub them with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. The chef used Fleur De Sel. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.While the potatoes are cooking prepare the stuffing.
- In a sauté pan, heat some olive oil or bacon fat and when hot, add the onion. When they are light golden brown, add the mushrooms and cook until they have released all their water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the potatoes by removing the top of the potato scoop out the pulp, leaving enough in the shell at least ¼ “inch all around. Process the pulp in a potatoes ricer and add some soft butter, the cheeses, the garlic, and the mushrooms mixture. Add the hot heavy cream, if you have them add a little of the bacon bits, sour cream and season with pepper to taste.
- Spoon (or use a pastry bag) the filling over the top of the potato, sprinkle with Reggiano cheese, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chives at the last minutes.
- *Make the Bacon bits: Heat a sauté pan heat the heat to medium. When hot add ¾ pound of the bacon slice and cook at low heat it until crisp and dark in color. The main purpose is to let the fat melt without overcooking the lean meat. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain, chop into bits. Be sure to save the fat for further cooking.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023