For the Mayonnaise click here
For the Garlic Aioli click here
For the Caper Remoulade click here
Delicious Shrimp and Salmon Cake Recipe: Step-by-Step Guide
- 8 ozs Panko or Crackers (like saltine)
- Salt ( I use Fleur De Sel) if using Panko, not necessary if using crackers
- 1 lb medium size Shrimp cut into ¼” to ½” pieces
- 1 lb Salmon cut into ¼” to ½” pieces
- 3 large Egg Whites
- Cilantro Leaves to taste
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- 1 tbs Cognac (optional)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat Oven to 375˚
- Makes 6 to 8 Cakes depending on the size you make them.
- Bread Crumbs: Using your food processor, process the panko until very fine. If you do not have a food processor do not worry about it, it will still work fine. Remove and reserve.
- Shrimp Mousse: Back in the food processor add about half of the shrimp and the egg whites, cilantro, ginger, garlic and hot sauce. Process until well blended and consistency of a loose paste. Add some cognac if you have some.
- Making the Cakes: In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the salmon, shrimp add peppers and add the mousse and mix well until the seafood is coated with egg but carefully not to break up the fish cubes. Using a ladle divide into six balls and form a cake that is approximately 3" diameter by 1" thick. If you have a PVC pipe like I use on YouTube that will make this process perfect and super easy. If not you can still do it kind of like free form. Roll into the panko of cracker crumbs until totally coated. Put in the freezer for about 15 minutes to make sure the cakes are very cold.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, heat 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil to 365º. Sauté the cakes until golden brown on one side. Turn them over and bake in oven for 10 minutes you can use a ovenproof frying pan or place them on a cookie sheet lined with a n on-stick silicone baking mat. Cook them until internal temperature is 140º.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023