An Amazing Au Jus Recipe
Hello There Friends, This is a follow-up video to our Perfectly Cooked Prime Rib video. Making an Au Jus is so easy a child could do it! Make sure you check out the beef stock videos before you make this. Remember to make a good Sauce or soup you need to have a good Stock!
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 large Onions chopped into big chunks
- 6 - 7 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Rosemary roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Thyme roughly chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 pounds of Carrots chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 ½ Quart Beef Stock or Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the Olive Oil, once hot, sauté the onions until golden brown. This could take 10 to 15 minutes minimum. Add the fresh herbs and garlic. When the garlic is fragrant a couple minutes later, add the vegetables. Add enough stock to barely cover the vegetables the Chef used 3 quarts in his large pot.
- Cook at a very low heat not covered for at least 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove all the vegetables and reserve the delicious Au Jus and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023