- 2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 large Onions chopped into big chunks
- 6 - 7 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Rosemary roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Thyme roughly chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 pounds of Carrots chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 ½ Quart Beef Stock or Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the Olive Oil, once hot, sauté the onions until golden brown. This could take 10 to 15 minutes minimum. Add the fresh herbs and garlic. When the garlic is fragrant a couple minutes later, add the vegetables. Add enough stock to barely cover the vegetables the Chef used 3 quarts in his large pot.
- Cook at a very low heat not covered for at least 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove all the vegetables and reserve the delicious Au Jus and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Garlic Olive Oil: click here For the Stab French Oven: click here For the Reduction / Saucier Pan: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
What sauce would you make using the au jus? In your video, you said you can use this to make more sauces – can you suggest what other sauces you would make after making the au jus ?
I used your recipe to make beef stock. I then used it in your au jus recipe. It seemed like a repetitive process of adding vegetables and simmering for hours. Is that what you recommend for a really flavorful au jus?
Yes! simmering for hours is best! 😊
Can this be made ahead of time and refrigerated?