- 2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 large Onions chopped into big chunks
- 6 - 7 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Rosemary roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 springs Fresh Thyme roughly chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 pounds of Carrots chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 ½ Quart Beef Stock or Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the Olive Oil, once hot, sauté the onions until golden brown. This could take 10 to 15 minutes minimum. Add the fresh herbs and garlic. When the garlic is fragrant a couple minutes later, add the vegetables. Add enough stock to barely cover the vegetables the Chef used 3 quarts in his large pot.
- Cook at a very low heat not covered for at least 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove all the vegetables and reserve the delicious Au Jus and season with salt and pepper to taste.