The Best Chili Recipe
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 1 or 2 large Onion diced
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 lbs. Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Carrots diced very small
- 1 cup Celery diced very small
- 1 ½ tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 28 ounce can of Peeled and Chopped Tomatoes
- ¼ of a Chili Pepper cut into very very small dice, optional
- ¼ cup Cilantro or Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder, optional
- 1 tablespoons Cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves freshly chopped, use ½ if using dry
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, optional and VERY SPICY
- 1 28 ounce can of Cannellini Beans, water removed but saved
- 1 28 ounce can Red Kidney Beans, water removed but saved
- 1 14 ounce can of White Kidney Beans, water removed but saved
- ¼ cup Green Onion chopped for decoration
- In a Dutch oven, add some olive oil and sauté the onion until golden brown. Add the ground beef and the sausage and on high heat caramelize both meat products until golden brown to create the Maillard reaction.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic and when garlic is fragrant add tomato puree, tomatoes, optional fresh chili pepper, chili powder, cumin, thyme, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and the beans. Check the consistency after 30 minutes and add some the bean water if needed (the chef added about 1 cup total).
- Cook for another 15 / 20 minutes until you like consistency and flavor.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and decorate with freshly chopped green onion, cilantro or parsley.