For the Fresh Breadcrumbs: click here
Rack of Lamb
- 1 Rack of Lamb with 8 chops, 1 ½ to 2 ½ lbs.
- 1 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Red Wine Reduction:
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoons Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon chopped
- ¼ cup Port Wine, if you have some
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch dissolved in 1-tablespoon water ONLY if needed
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Benton’s Bacon:
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Clarified Butter, if you have it, if not use only the oil below
- 2 tablespoons Butter Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ pound Bacon diced
- ½ cup Red Onion diced
- 3 tablespoons Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
For the Rack of Lamb:
- Preheat Oven to 425°/450°
- Clean and prepare the rack as per the video on YouTube.
- Place the rack on a roasting pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden brown. Remove the rack from the oven and let rest 15 minutes to redistribute the juices.
For the Red Wine Reduction:
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the shallots. When they are a light golden brown, add the garlic, balsamic and the red wine, the tarragon and let it reduce until about ¾ cup remains. Add the stock and let it cook for a few more minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until smooth. (ONLY if needed it).
- If you wish at this point you can strain the sauce. Add butter off the heat and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
For the Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Benton’s Bacon:
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Poach in lightly sugared water the sprouts for about 10 minutes or until 80% cooked and immediately plunge them in ICE COLD water to cool.
- In a sauté pan, heat some olive oil or butter and sauté the bacon for a few minutes. Add the onion and cook for a couple minutes and add the sprouts and mix well. Add salt and pepper, mix well and put them in a lasagna pan.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top and bake for about 15 minutes until crispy and serve with the Balsamic just before serving.