Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 6 to 8 large Shrimp per person cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ cup of a Red Onion diced
- 4 to 5 Garlic Cloves chopped fine, not pureed
- ½ cup Tomatoes Concasse, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons White Vermouth or any good White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Cream Sherry, if you have it
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- 2 to 3 ounces Butter to add at the end
- Fleur de Sel Salt or Regular Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, add the butter and the olive oil. When hot add the onion cook for one or two minutes. Add the shrimp and quickly sauté on both sides.
- Add the garlic and when fragrant add the tomatoes and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the white vermouth and sherry.
- Finish with a little more butter and prepare each plate with some polenta or fresh pasta in the middle and 6 to 8 shrimp per person depending on the size.