Onion Bacon Jam
- 1 pound Thick Bacon cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 large Onions minced small
- 1 teaspoon of Red Chili Flakes or more if you like spicy
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme chopped or 2 teaspoons dry
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 to 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Maple Balsamic Vinegar (if your vinegar is acid double the amount)
- 2 ounces approx. Maple Flavored Bourbon Whisky (or plain Bourbon)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- In a pot sauté the bacon slowly and cook it until all fat has render and the bacon is lightly crisp. When the bacon is done, remove it from the pot and add the onion and cook them until golden brown and add the bacon back in the pot and add the chili, salt and pepper, sugar, garlic, paprika, maple syrup, vinegar, and half of the parsley.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, add the whisky, the remaining parsley and adjust seasoning.
- You can freeze this recipe for months, or refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- To use on top of your burger, chicken, steak or anything. Reheat slowly in the microwave or in a sauce pan until hot to your liking.
For the Reduction / Saucier Pan: click here For the Maple Balsamic Vinegar: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- Savory Beef Short Ribs Asian Style: A Culinary Masterpiece - June 1, 2023
- Chef Jean-Pierre Answers Your Questions - May 29, 2023
- Delicious Cassoulet Recipe: A Taste of French Comfort Food! - May 25, 2023