Phyllo Pastry Pizza
Hello there friends, before we get started a BIG WARNING TO ALL ITALIANS!!!! I do not want to get in trouble with anyone telling me this isn't a pizza. I used to make this in my restaurant all the time and it was an absolute hit! You can make this as a single-serve pizza and I must say you will love these little pizzas. So, let's get cooking!
- 5 to 8 sheets of Phyllo Pastry
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray or Extra Virgin Olive Oil applied with a spray or a brush
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon Pesto
- 1 Tomato, cut to your liking
- 6 Kalamata or Nicoise Olives chopped
- 4 large leaves of Basil, cut chiffonade
- 2 extra ounces Parmesan, mozzarella cheese (goat cheese is also great)
Preheat Oven to 450°
For One 8" Pizza (Makes 1 serving)
- Cut the sheets of Phyllo using the outside of the pizza screen as a guide. You can cut all the sheets at the same time.
- Spray the screen with an olive oil no stick cooking spray. Place the first layer of Phyllo on the screen, spray again lightly and sprinkle on approximately ½ teaspoon of parmesan cheese. Place the second layer on top and repeat the same procedure with the spray and the cheese until you have placed all layers.
- Spread a heavy tablespoon of pesto on top, arrange the tomatoes and the basil and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in Oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023