Jasmine Rice, easy to cook, partners with countless dishes and it’s delicious. The perfect combination!
Jasmine rice is one of my favorite types of rice. It has a delicate, floral aroma and a slightly sticky texture that goes well with so many different dishes, such as Shrimp Curry. Whether it’s served as a simple side or used as the base for a more complex recipe, jasmine rice is always a welcome addition to the table. And thankfully, it’s also very easy to cook. This is how to cook jasmine rice perfectly every time!
½ cup brunoise (very very small) Carrots
1 cup Jasmine Rice
½ cup Coconut Milk and 1 tablespoon unsweetened Coconut flakes.
1 ½ to 2 cups Water (if using Coconut Milk only use 1 cup water)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped Chives
1 tablespoon Butter
- Dice Carrots into small brunoise “the smallest possible dice”.
- Rinse the Rice until the water is clear.
- In a small sauce pan add the rice, carrots, coconut milk, water, butter, salt and pepper, bring to boil.
- Add chives and cover immediately, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let stand for another 10 minutes. Use a fork to fluff.
- Or much easier put all ingredients in a rice cooker, turn on and VOILA!!!!!
Please share this recipe with your family and friends! Thank you!