“Easy as Pie” Pie Crust Recipe!
Hello there friends! Today I am going to share with you my full proof “easy as pie” pie crust recipe that will replace all your previous recipes. No fuss and super easy to prepare every time! This is the recipe I use in all my recipes needing a pie crust such as my famous Onion Pie, or Onion and Bacon Quiche. Give it a try, you are going to be so happy you did! Jump to Printable Recipe
Easy Pie Crust Recipe: Flaky, Buttery Perfection!
- 2 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar (ONLY if making a sweet dough)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Power
- 9 ounces sweet VERY COLD Butter cut into appro. ½ ounce pieces
- 2 large cold Eggs
- Makes enough for 2 Pies
- Preheat Oven to 400ºF/205ºC
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the flour, salt, sugar (ONLY if making a sweet dough) and baking powder, blend a couple second to mix. Scatter the COLD butter over the flour and process for 7 to 10 seconds until coarsely mixed. Beat the egg quickly and blend for a few more second until it looks like wet sand. DO NOT OVER WORK!
- Create a disk without too much handling, wrap with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 30 to 45 minutes. Take the dough out and let rest another 15 to 30 minutes to let it get to room temp again!
- Flour your work surface (I like to use bread flour for this so if you have some, otherwise regular all-purpose flour work well) generously and roll the dough into a 12 inch circle or about 1 ½ inch larger than the bottom of your removable bottom mold.
- Fill the mold with the dough making sure to press gently on the sides. Do not cut the excess yet the dough yet as it will shrink. Cover and refrigerate for about another 30 minutes.
- Before baking cut off the excess dough on the edge. Cover the entire surface of the dough with parchment paper and top the paper with uncooked beans or rice.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the dough start turning light golden brown.
- Remove the beans and the paper and brush the dough with an egg white and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the entire surface is dry and light golden brown.
- Take out and you are now ready to fill the dough with anything you like!
Please share this recipe with your family and friends! Thank you!
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023