The Original Onyo Pie
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Sweet Butter not salted
- 2 cups minced Onion
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped Leeks white and light green part only
- ½ cup minced Shallots
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes cut very small dice
- ¾ cup grated Gruyere, feel free to substitute any cheese with your favorites
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 3 ounces Brie Cheese
- 3 ounces Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chives
- 3 whole large Eggs
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Onion Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375Fº/ 190ºC
- In a sauté pan, at medium heat, add butter, when hot add onion and cook until light golden brown, this could take about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the leeks, salt and cook for a few more minutes. Add the shallots and, cook for a few more minutes until all are light golden brown. Add the sundried tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes.
- In a sauce pan heat the cream, when hot add ALL the cheeses and make sure they melt.
- In a glass bowl mix the eggs and add a little more salt and pepper. Slowly add the hot cream and cheese mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the pre-cooked pie dough with onion, leeks mixture. Top with the cheese with the eggs mixture and fill as much as you can without putting too much.
- Sprinkle chives and a couple more tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Arugula Salad
- Arugula¼ cup Lemon Balsamic Vinegar¾ cup Basil Extra-Virgin Olive OilSalt and pepper to tasteUsing a whisk or an immersion blender, mix all the ingredients together.
For the Pie Dough/Tart recipe, click here For the Bell Pepper Coulis recipe, click here For the Onion Salt, click here For the Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, click here For the Basil Olive Oil, click here For the Laser Thermometer, click here For the Non-Stick Fry Pan, click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023