The Original Onyo Pie
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Sweet Butter not salted
- 2 cups minced Onion
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped Leeks white and light green part only
- ½ cup minced Shallots
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes cut very small dice
- ¾ cup grated Gruyere, feel free to substitute any cheese with your favorites
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 3 ounces Brie Cheese
- 3 ounces Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chives
- 3 whole large Eggs
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Onion Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375Fº/ 190ºC
- In a sauté pan, at medium heat, add butter, when hot add onion and cook until light golden brown, this could take about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the leeks, salt and cook for a few more minutes. Add the shallots and, cook for a few more minutes until all are light golden brown. Add the sundried tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes.
- In a sauce pan heat the cream, when hot add ALL the cheeses and make sure they melt.
- In a glass bowl mix the eggs and add a little more salt and pepper. Slowly add the hot cream and cheese mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the pre-cooked pie dough with onion, leeks mixture. Top with the cheese with the eggs mixture and fill as much as you can without putting too much.
- Sprinkle chives and a couple more tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Arugula Salad
- Arugula¼ cup Lemon Balsamic Vinegar¾ cup Basil Extra-Virgin Olive OilSalt and pepper to tasteUsing a whisk or an immersion blender, mix all the ingredients together.