Creamed Pearl Onions
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter or Butter Olive Oil
- 3 cups Pearl Onion, Fresh, Frozen or you can use Jar Aunt Nellie’s
- 6 ounces Ham diced small (the Chef uses Black Forest or Tavern)
- ¼ cup Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Cornstarch if needed at the end
- ½ cup Dark Raisins marinated in Port Wine or Rum overnight
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- In a sauté pan or a reduction pan (like the chef used in the video) heat the butter and when hot add the onions, when golden brown, add the ham cubes, vinegar, brown sugar, raisins and cream. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or however long it takes to coo the onions. Cook for a 15 minutes. As the chef explained in the video if you are using jar onions they will only take a few minutes.
- Add the raisins and the parsley and at the end when the onions are cooked thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch ONLY if necessary.