Quick Beef Stock
- 1 ½ oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 ½ @ 32oz Unsalted Beef Flavor Store bought Stock, enough to cover ALL your vegetables Total ounces 112 ounces
- 2 pounds approx. Onions – large dice
- 2 pounds approx. Carrots – large dice (not peeled)
- 2 pounds approx. Celery – large dice (use the entire stalk)
- 1 or 2 Leeks cut into 1” piece depending on the size use white AND green leaves
- Approx. 10 to 15 sprigs Fresh thyme not chopped
- 15/20 @ Black Peppercorns
- 1 28 ounces can Tomato Puree
- 1 @ 6 oz. cans Tomato Paste
Makes (approx.) 4 Quarts (the Chef uses a 12 Quart Pot)
- Heat Oil in a large frying when hot add onions and cook until golden brown (this could take 10/15 minutes).
- In a large Stock Pot, All the chopped vegetables and the caramelized onions, Peppercorns, Tomato puree and paste, add the store bought stock and mix in until blended.
- Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to a VERY VERY LOW simmer. Stir occasionally. Cook for 4 ½ to 3 Hours.
- Strain through a strainer and portion into freezable containers.
- The stock will stay fresh in the fridge for 4/5 days MAX and 17 years in the freezer.