Carrot, Butternut Squash and Walnut Soufflé
- 2 ½ pounds Butternut Squash, peel and cut into chucks
- 2 ½ pounds Carrots, peel and cut into chunks
- 6 ounces Sweet Butter
- ½ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup Rum Raisins, (raisins marinated in rum, for at least a couple days)
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sage and Rhyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tahitian Vanilla
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat Oven to 350ºF / 180ºC
- Poach the Butternut Squash in boiling water until cooked thoroughly. Drain thoroughly and process with the food processor until very smooth. Do the same for the Carrots.
- In a large pot, add the butter, when foamy add the flour and cook for a couple minutes, add the processed vegetables, add the eggs, raisins, brown sugar, Walnuts, vanilla, Sage and thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a buttered lasagna style pan, sprinkle with Reggiano and bake for 45 minutes.