Chicken and Rice Recipe For The Perfect Go-To Meal
Chicken and rice is one of those classic combos that just never gets old. It’s a go-to meal when you need something hearty and tasty, but don’t want to spend a lot of time or money on ingredients. This recipe is the perfect solution. It’s packed with flavor, thanks to a few simple seasonings, and it comes together in just one pot for easy cleanup. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and super delicious, so you can make it again and again without breaking the bank.
So what are you waiting for? Give this Chicken and Rice Recipe a try tonight! You’ll be glad you did.
Chicken and Rice Recipe
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil the Chef used his Garlic Olive Oil in this recipe
- 4 Chicken Thighs and 4 Legs, bone-in and skinless (you may use bone in breasts)
- I large Onion diced, you should have about 1 ½ cup diced
- 3 cups Long Grain Rice
- 2 mixed colors Bell Peppers cut into small julienne or dice
- 8 small Whole Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Herb De Provence or your favorite dried herbs blend
- 1 dash or more if you like it hot Cayenne
- 1 x 28 ounces squeezed, rough chopped Peeled Tomatoes
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup stuffed Green Olives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter when LIGHT golden brown. Brown the chicken pieces until golden on all sides. Reserve the chicken.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown. Add the rice and sauté it for a few minutes. Add peppers, salt and pepper, the garlic, and when fragrant, add the Paprika, Cayenne, dried Herbs. Add the chicken pieces and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat immediate to make sure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Cook slowly for about 30 to 45 or until chicken comes off the bone easily and the rice of cooked. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped fresh cilantro.