Chicken Au Poivre
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil or Clarified Butter
- 2 teaspoons cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 Chicken Breast 6 to 8 ounces each each trimmed
- 1 ½ cup Rich Veal or Beef Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Green Peppercorn without the brine soaked in Cognac optional optional
- 2 tablespoons at least of Sweet Butter
Preheat Oven to 375º
Cook the Chicken:
- Cover the steak generously with cracked black pepper.
- In a stainless steel fry pan, heat I tablespoon olive. When hot add the chicken, and cook on the stove top until golden brown on one side at Least 3 to 4 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Flip them on other side and for a couple minutes and transfer to the oven on a cookie sheet and make the sauce in the frying pan. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of about 155ºF. Let them rest for a few minutes while you finish the sauce.
- To make the sauce, carefully deglaze the pan with the stock, cream and the peppercorns bring to boil and let it reduce and thicken for a few minutes. After the sauce has reached the right consistency turn off the heat and add as much butter as you wish!
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
For the Stainless Fry Pan: click here For the Pepper Mill: click here For the Silicone Mat: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023