Indulge in a Classic Chicken Au Poivre Dinner
You may be wondering, what is Chicken Au Poivre? Well, it’s a traditional French dish that translates to “chicken with pepper.” And let me tell you, this recipe has got plenty of pepper!
But au Poivre really can be made with any good quality steak as well as chicken. In an earlier video on my YouTube Channel, I made a Steak au Poivre with Strip Steak. I also made an amazingly delicious Filet au Poivre! (Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Sauce). But I promise you friends no matter what your favorite is, you are going to love this recipe!
But it’s not just the pepper that makes this dish so special. We’re going to start with some high-quality chicken breasts, then sear them in a hot pan until they’re golden brown and crispy. Then, we’ll make a creamy pan sauce with green peppercorns soaked in cognac, and heavy cream, and then finish it off with a generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper.
Trust me, serve this dish with some roasted vegetables and potatoes at your next dinner party, your guests will be blown away. It’s a classic for a reason, folks!
So, let’s get cooking and add some French flair to your kitchen with this delicious Chicken Au Poivre recipe!
Chicken Au Poivre Recipe: Add Some French Flair to Your Cooking!
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil or Clarified Butter
- 2 teaspoons cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 Chicken Breast 6 to 8 ounces each each trimmed
- 1 ½ cup Rich Veal or Beef Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Green Peppercorn without the brine soaked in Cognac optional optional
- 2 tablespoons at least of Sweet Butter
Preheat Oven to 375º
Cook the Chicken:
- Cover the steak generously with cracked black pepper.
- In a stainless steel fry pan, heat I tablespoon olive. When hot add the chicken, and cook on the stove top until golden brown on one side at Least 3 to 4 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Flip them on other side and for a couple minutes and transfer to the oven on a cookie sheet and make the sauce in the frying pan. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of about 155ºF. Let them rest for a few minutes while you finish the sauce.
- To make the sauce, carefully deglaze the pan with the stock, cream and the peppercorns bring to boil and let it reduce and thicken for a few minutes. After the sauce has reached the right consistency turn off the heat and add as much butter as you wish!
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023