White Chocolate Vanilla Crème Anglaise
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 ounces White Chocolate cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- In a stainless steel pan, scald the cream and add the chocolate to melt. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, vanilla and egg yolks. Add 2 to 3 ounces of the hot cream to the egg mixture and mix well. Slowly pour in the rest of the cream into the egg mixture.
- Return the stainless steel pan to a medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (When you run your finger across the back of a spoon, the mark of your finger should remain).
- Immediately strain through a fine strainer into a stainless bowl and whisk it for a minute to release the heat. Cool it in an ice-water bath.