Chicken Paprikash Recipe
Hello there friends, Chicken Paprikash is a recipe that is truly loved by everyone around the world. But be forewarned Hungarian Recipe Police., this is NOT a traditional Chicken Paprikash. I love making Chicken Paprikash and I hope you will too! Delicious!
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 2 cups Flour
- 6 tablespoons Hungarian Paprika
- 4 tablespoons Clarified Butter or Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion cut into julienne and then cut in half
- ½ of a Red Bell Pepper cut into small julienne
- ½ of a Green Bell Pepper cut into small julienne
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- About 2 tablespoons Garlic sliced very very thin
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped (to mix with your pasta)
- 1 tablespoon Chives chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ pound of your favorite Pasta
- In a lasagna pan, mix the flour with 3 tablespoons of paprika. Dredge the chicken legs generously on both sides. In a large enough frying pan to sauté the chicken legs, heat the 2 tablespoons of clarified butter, and when hot, sauté your chicken on both sides and reserve.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of clarified butter, and when hot, add the onion and cook until golden brown. Add the bell peppers and cook for a couples of minutes. Add about 2 tablespoons of the same flour mix we used to dredge the chicken. Mix well and immediately add the chicken stock to prevent the flour from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of paprika. Then add the garlic and the tomato puree, mix well and incorporate the chicken legs. Reduce to very low heat and cook for about 45 minutes.
- To serve, decorate with freshly chopped chives and sour cream.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023