An Amazing Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe!
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
For the Crust:
- 10 ounces Dark Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup 2 ounces Hazelnuts or any mixed nuts
- 2 ounces Butter melted
For the Filling:
- 4 ounces Sweet Butter
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate (the Chef uses 74% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 dash of Salt
- 4 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 pounds Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Orange zest
- 2 ounces Kahlua (measure carefully😊)
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon Gelatin Powder
- 2 ounces Water (room temperature)
- 6 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 ounces Chocolate
- 1 ounce Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Dark Corn Syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons Condensed Milk (if you do not have it use Heavy Cream and add 2 tablespoons Sugar)
For the Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 2 ounces Chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
Preheat Oven to 325°
Prepare the Crust:
- Prepare your mold like the Chef did in the video!
- Process the cookies and the nuts in the food processor until it reaches the consistency of wet sand. Line bottom of pan with crumb mixture and press down using anything flat.
Prepare the Filling:
- In a sauce pot, melt the butter and when melted add the chocolate. Mix in the vanilla, salt and cocoa powder.
- With your mixer, beat cream cheese with paddle until soft. Add the sour cream, sugar, orange zest, Kahlua, eggs one at the time mixing thoroughly after each. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in a hot water bath for about 1 ½ hour, or until set in middle. Lift cake out of the water and let cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours. Using a cardboard, or a flat plate, invert the cake, remove the mold and place another plate on top of the crumbs and very carefully invert again.
Prepare the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, add the gelatin, top with the water and let it bloom for at least 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the cream and when hot (about 220°F) add the chocolate to melt, add cocoa powder, corn syrup and condensed milk. Let the mixture to cool.
- The mixture should cool enough to still be liquid and thick enough not to run all over your cake. The ultimate temperature should be around 55°F.
Prepare the Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing:
- Add room temperature cream cheese in a bowl, add the melted chocolate and sugar. Blend well! Adjust sugar to your liking.