A Delicious Puttanesca Sauce, Mama Mia!
Hello There Friends, Today I’m going to show you how to make one of my favorite Sauces, a Puttanesca Sauce that I make with Shrimp to give it some more flavor and depth. It is not necessarily the Traditional way of doing it, but I think it’s fabulous and I think you will too!
Jump to Printable Recipe
Puttanesca Sauce with Shrimp
- 1 pound Linguine, Spaghetti or Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 lbs. Shrimp peeled, deveined, and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil or your favorite Olive Oil
- 4 to 6 Anchovies chopped very fine
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- ¼ cup seeded Kalamata Olives
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped, plus a teaspoon to add at the end with the shrimp
- 1 x 28 ounce Can of Peeled Italian Tomatoes or 2 cups Tomatoes Concasse, peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta following the manufacturer directions
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil when hot add anchovies, capers, olives, add the garlic and when fragrant add the tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In another frying pan, heat some more olive oil and when hot add and cook the shrimp for a couple minutes on each side or for whatever long you need to cook them all the way through. If you have extra garlic chopped add another teaspoon at the last minute be careful not to burn it! Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. Sprinkle the chopped parsley.
- To serve add a little butter to the pasta and mix it in
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023