King Salmon with a Mustard Sauce
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each cut into scaloppini
- 4/5 ounces Butter melted in the microwave for a few seconds 10/15 MAX
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- ¾ cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Des Meaux Mustard
- 1 to 2 healthy tablespoons of extra Butter if you like
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat Oven to 375ºF / 190ºC
- If you are going to keep the skin be sure to scrape it with a knife like the chef did in the video. Season the skin with Fleur de Sel if you have it or use your favorite salt.
- Salt and pepper the top side. Preheat your oven proof frying pan with clarified butter to 350ºF. Place the fish top side down for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- In the meantime, start the sauce in a sauce pan. Heat some regular butter, when hot add the shallots and cook until translucent. Add the Chardonnay and let reduce by half. Add the stock, cream and cook for a couple minutes. Add the Chives, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste ingredients. Cook for 1 minute mix well.
- If you are going to add more butter remove from heat add butter incorporate well and serve.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023