Easy Limoncello Mascarpone Trifle Recipe
Hello friends, today I want to share with you how to make individual servings of a Limoncello Trifle. A super simple dessert that is sure to please any guest and maybe put the kids to bed earlier than usual! Super simple to make and will definitely have you coming back for more!
- 12 ounces Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Tahitian Vanilla
- 2 or 3 tablespoons Lemon Curd
- Zest of one Lemon
- ¼ cup Sugar (or more if you like)
- 4 ounces ITALIAN Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
- 1 Store-bought (or make your own - see recipe below) Lemon Chiffon Cake, cut into circles to fit your serving glasses
- ½ cup Limoncello Simple Syrup*
For the Chiffon Cake:
- 2½ ounces Cake Flour 2/3 cup (if you do not have cake flour use regular all purpose flour)
- 2 ounces Sugar (1/4 cup)
- ¼ ounce Baking Powder (1 tsp)
- Pinch Salt, Vanilla Salt if you have some
- 1½ ounce Vegetable or Sunflower or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 ounce Water
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Tahitian Vanilla
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1½ ounces Sugar (3 teaspoons)
- Makes 4 Servings
- In mixer whip cream, vanilla, lemon curd, lemon zest and sugar until firm, add the mascarpone cheese and mix for a few seconds. Place some of the cream mixture on the bottom of each glass. Cover with a circle of the sponge cake and carefully soak the cake with about 1 ounce of the Limoncello syrup.
- Top with more cream and freshly chopped strawberries and mint leaves to decorate. Dust with powdered sugar and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- *Simple Syrup: Cook 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar over medium heat until all sugar has dissolved. Let it cool and add as much Limoncello as you like and you can refrigerate this mixture for 3 to 4 months.
Yellow Chiffon Cake
- Makes One Small Cookie Sheet (12” X 8 ½”)
- Prepare the small sheet pan by spraying it with non-stick baking spray with four. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper again with the spray.
- Preheat Oven to 360° F
- Sift the first dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix at slow speed for a minute, and the oil, and add the water stir until they form a lump free paste.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon zest and the vanilla and stir until fully blended.
- In another clean, grease free bowl, place the egg whites, and whip until tripled in volume, and are light and foamy. With the machine running, add the 3 Teaspoons of sugar, and continue to whip until the egg whites are stiff but we still have a soft peak (as per the video).
- Fold the egg whites into the batter following the same technique the chef used in the video, and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Immediately place the cake in the center of the oven, and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the center springs back when gently pressed.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Cut the cake into circles to fit your individual glasses.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023