Chicken Meatloaf Recipe Wrapped in Bacon
Hello friends! What a recipe I got for you today. My Chicken Meatloaf Recipe wrapped in Bacon! Unlike anything you have seen before, trust me. Eating Chicken Meatloaf just out of the oven is amazing, but the next day - It is completely different cold and might even be better than when it's hot. You've got to give this one-of-a-kind recipe a try. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 4 Chicken Breast skinless and boneless about 5 to 6 ounces each
- 1½ pounds Ground Chicken Breast pounded or sliced to approx. ¼ inch thick
- 1½ pounds VERY lean Bacon slices
- 8 slices Black Forest Ham (or your favorite baked ham)
- 1½ cup Onion, minced
- ¼ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, finely minced
- 4 ounces Salami cut into ¼ cubes
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 10-15 Mint Leaves
- ¼ cup Parsley Leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup FRESH Bread Crumbs, see video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvP9WuhDicM
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Whole Eggs slightly beaten
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste at the end
- Couple sprigs of Fresh Thyme or Rosemary for decoration if you have some
- Makes 8 to 12 servings (MOLD size is 5” X 9”)
- Preheat Oven to 375F°/190C°
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook for a couple minutes add the sundried tomatoes and cook until onion are light golden brown. Remove from the pan and let cool for a few minutes.
- Make the mixture to put inside the loaf: In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, add the ground chicken, salami, garlic, mint leaves, parsley, fresh bread crumbs, salt and pepper, mix everything and add eggs and the cooled onion mixture, and make sure everything is well incorporated and blended together.
- Put the loaf together: Cover the entire bottom of a bread loaf pan with the bacon slices, slightly overlapping as Chef does in the video. Cover the bacon with the ham and cover the ham with chicken breast, add salt and pepper and cover the chicken with the ground chicken mixture. You mold at this point should be 90% filled is you have a bit too much mixture, make a smaller loaf or freeze it for the next time you make that recipe. Top with the remaining chicken, cover the chicken with the remaining chicken breast, season again with salt and pepper. Close the mold with the bacon as per video.
- Flip the loaf onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, add some thyme or rosemary sprigs (is you have some) and freshly grated black pepper and bake for about 90 minutes. OR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES TO GET TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 160F. BE SURE TO CHECK THE INSIDE TEMPERATURE AFTER 45 MINUTES TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023