Frozen Macarpone Tiramisu
- 5 LARGE Egg Yolks
- 2 Whole Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup of Marsala
- 1 quart Heavy Cream
- 10 to 12 ounces ITALIAN Mascarpone Cheese or cream cheese at room temp
- 2 to 3 cups Espresso or any very strong Coffee with sugar
- ¼ cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 1 bag of Lady Fingers
- Cocoa Powder for dusting top
- It is always better to make the Tiramisu at least the day before you need it; however it freezes very well and can be made up to a week in advance.
- Makes 1, 9 x 5 loaf pan, line the inside of the pan with plastic film and set aside
- Make the sabayon, using a large Stainless Steel bowl. Add the eggs, sugar and Marsala, over double boiler mix constantly until foamy and double in size…The consistency should be like a soft whipped cream and the temperature should be about 145F. Place on ice bath and keep whipping for a minute every 5 minutes until cools down to about 65/70F.
- If you want to avoid the ice bath transfer the mixture into the bowl of a table top mixer and whip for about 10 to 15 minutes at medium speed until you get to room temp.
- While the sabayon cool you make prepare the whipped cream. In mixer or by hand until firm, add the mascarpone and mix for a few seconds. Ones the sabayon is cooled add the cream and beat for a few seconds. TASTE TO SEE IF IT IS SWEET ENOUGH FOR YOU. If not add more sugar to YOUR taste!
- In your lined loaf pan, place some of the cream mixture on the bottom. Then in a bowl add coffee, rum and Kahlua, take lady fingers and quickly dunk (Max. 10 seconds) in mixture, and place on top of the cream mixture fill in all spaces. Place more cream on top and then another layer of lady fingers and then end with cream. Then dust with cocoa, place in freezer overnight.
For the Laser Thermometer, click here