Chicken Breast with Mushroom & Spinach Cream Sauce
For the Chicken Breast:
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 six to eight-ounces boneless and skinless Breast of Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
Make the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Butter, not salted
- 2 Shallots, minced
- ½ pounds mixed Mushrooms, Baby Portobello, Shitake, Crimini, or Oyster
- ½ bag Spinach Leaves, chopped
- ½ cup good White Wine, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc will work great
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, diluted into 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- Add more Butter at the end if you wish
- For the Chicken Breast:
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, sauté the chicken breasts on one side until golden brown. Turn chicken over and transfer to cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat and bake for 10 minutes or until inside temperature is 160°/165°.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a reduction sauce pan, heat the butter and olive oil. When hot add the shallots and cook until light golden brown. Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes (this could take 5 to 8 minutes) to let them release ALL their water.
- Add the spinach and cook for a couple more minutes until wilted. Add the white wine and let it reduce by half or until very smooth.
- Add the stock and cream, let it reduce on medium high heat for about 5 minutes to thicken. You may have to reduce the heat to medium to low heat.
- Use a little corn starch slurry to thicken to the right consistency if needed it!
- Add more butter at the end of the heat!
For the Infrared Laser Thermometer: click here For the Instant Read Thermometer: click here For the Woll - Diamond Lite Non Stick Fry Pan: click here For the Silicone Cooking/Baking Mat: click here For the Salt and Pepper Keeper Made in France: click here For the Salt and Pepper Keeper Made in China: click here For the Reduction Sauce Pan: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
Bonjour Chef Jean-Pierre,
Excellent recipe for chicken. All your recipes are fantastic. Grand merci. Keep up the good filming & good teaching shows.
Bonjour Chef Jean-Pierre,
Magnifique youtube cooking show & cooking class. Excellent recipe for chicken. All your recipes are fantastic. Grand merci.
I made this for the first time tonight. My husband said that this recipe is a keeper. 🙂 Thank you for all of the amazing ideas for me to cook for dinner.
This was a very delicious meal. I used 18% cream and I added one large garlic clove. Very little corn starch. I used onion because I had no shallot. Thank for sharing your recipes. We love watching you on YouTube. This is the second recipe we tried and we are not disappointed.
I used baby bella mushrooms, regular whipping cream, and finished the sauce with two tablespoons of butter. My goodness, this might be my favorite recipe from JP yet! It was absolutely fantastic.
I have to say, I’ve found a new passion for cooking at home as a result of JP’s YouTube channel. He’s such a fantastic educator.
“Water is the enemy!”
Hi Chef Jean,
I love this chicken recipe. I will do this tonight
for our family dinner.
Jean Pierre: I miss you. Love your recipes and watching you on utube. Wish I could still see you in person. You’re amazing!!! You’ve taught me so much
This was quick, very easy, and delicious!
Thank you Chef Jean Pierre for yet another delicious recipe!
Fantastic recipe. Just made this tonight after your video on YouTube today. Sauce was creamy, smooth and rich. The wine added a nice zing to it as well. The mushrooms and shallots worked beautifully together. I added a little stock for some volume and it wound up amping up the mushroom and shallots.
I pan roasted the chicken on both sides to golden brown and then oven roasted the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes. Came out at 160 and rested to 165-170.
I will be adding this to my menu here at home!