I Love Pickled Onions! Especially Homemade!
I love pickled onions! They are a great condiment that can be used in so many different ways. I love to add them to salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, or even just straight out of the jar! The vinegar and spices give them a great flavor that is both tart and sweet. I also love how they add a crunchy texture to whatever dish I am eating. Whether you are looking for a new way to spice up your favorite recipe or just seeking out a tasty snack, pickled onions are a great option!
How to Make Pickled Onions
Makes a 3 ½ cups / 750ml jar
- 1 or 2 Red Onions
- 1 Red Chili Pepper cut into quarters seeds removed
- ¾ cup Red or White Wine Vinegar
- ¾ cup Water
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 or 3 Star Anise Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Whole Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients except the chili pepper and the anis seed.
- Cut the onion into very thin slices and cover them with boiling water and leave them covered for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the onion and place them in your jar and add the chili pepper and the anis seed.
- Pour the pickle juice on top and let it to room temperature for about 2 hours and refrigerate up to 1 month.
- Savory Beef Short Ribs Asian Style: A Culinary Masterpiece - June 1, 2023
- Chef Jean-Pierre Answers Your Questions - May 29, 2023
- Delicious Cassoulet Recipe: A Taste of French Comfort Food! - May 25, 2023