My Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe - How to Make Marinara Sauce
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 2 tablespoons Basil or Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ to 2 cups Onion diced small
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme chopped
- 15/20 leaves of Basil cut into a fine chiffonade
- 3 to 4 Cans 28 Ounces each Peeled Tomatoes or a #10 Can
- 10 to 14 ounces Tomato Puree depending on how thick it is and how much water you have in your tomatoes
- In a large saucepan or an enamel cast iron pot, add the Onion and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until they turned light golden brown. Add the garlic, when fragrant add the tomatoes, tomato puree, thyme and basil.
- Bring to boil and immediately reduce to low heat and let simmer uncovered for 45 to and hour ½ depending how acid your tomatoes are.
- Adjust the seasoning and add your tomatoes are still a bit acid a touch of sugar only if necessary.