Stuffed Chicken Breast, As Delicious As It Is Impressive
Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon is as delicious as it is impressive when served. A work of art that wraps succulent chicken breasts with a crispy bacon coating, resulting in a mouthwatering combination of textures and flavors that is sure to please. Serve it with Asparagus Tips, Brussel Sprouts, or a simple salad with Vinaigrette dressing and you have an incredible meal.
Stuff It Your Way!
The beauty of stuffed chicken breast is you can stuff it any way you want. The possibilities are endless. You can make it savory or sweet or a combination of both like we do today.
One of the greatest strengths of Stuffed Chicken Breast is its versatility. After all it is your meal, so you can stuff it with the ingredients of your choice, from creamy cheeses and fragrant herbs to crunchy vegetables and nuts, making it a great option for those looking to create a personalized meal.
A Sampling of Stuffing Combinations You Can Make:
- A popular stuffing is using a variety of different cheeses and herbs. Creamy ricotta cheese, salty parmesan cheese, and fragrant basil, thyme, or rosemary make for a delicious and aromatic stuffing that pairs well with the chicken.
- Another popular stuffing is a mixture of vegetables and nuts. Crunchy walnuts, earthy mushrooms, and sweet roasted peppers, combined with spinach or kale, is a delicious combination.
- If you prefer a savory flavor, a stuffing made with sausage, bacon, or ham can be a great option. Adding caramelized onions or roasted garlic adds richness to the dish enhancing its flavor.
- And of course, if you have a sweet tooth, you can stuff your chicken breasts with dried fruits, such as apricots, figs, or cranberries. Adding a touch of honey or maple syrup can enhance the sweetness of the fruit and create a delightful contrast with the savory chicken.
No matter what you choose, stuffing a chicken breast is a great way to elevate this classic dish and make it your own. So, whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply looking for a delicious and impressive weeknight meal, stuffed chicken breast is a great way to go!
In today’s recipe, we are going savory with a touch of sweet! I am stuffing it with Italian Sausage, dried apricots, sun-dried tomatoes, and more. You are going to love it!
So, let’s get cooking!
Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
For the Stuffing:
- 7 to 8 ounces Spicy Italian Sausage
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dried Apricot finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Sundried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 ounces of Genoa Salami diced into very small dice
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 whole Egg
- Salt and pepper to taste (the Chef did not add any, because his sausage was already seasoned and very spicy)
For the Bacon and Ham:
- One pound Bacon slices
- 4 ounces Ham Slices
For the Chicken:
- 2 large Chicken Breasts (about 12 to 14 ounces)
For the Sauce:
- 2 ounces Sweet Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme finely chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prepare the Stuffing:
- In a glass bowl, add all the ingredients above and mix them together.
Prepare the Bacon and Ham on a Cookie Sheet:
- Arrange the bacon and the ham on a piece of parchment paper as the chef did on the video and reserve.
Preheat Oven to 375F / 191C
Prepare the Chicken:
- Butterfly one breast and pound it lightly with plastic wrap, as the Chef did in the video.
- Add the pounded breast to the bacon and add the sausage stuffing in the middle. Do not add too much otherwise, it will be difficult to roll it. Top the stuffing with the other half of a chicken breast.
- Wrap the chicken with the bacon as per the video.
- Bake to an internal temperature of 160F / 71C
Prepare the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, add about 2 tablespoons of butter when hot, add the shallots and AT LOW HEAT, sweat them, and fresh thyme until they are translucent and light golden brown in color! This could take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and using a strainer remove all solids.
- Add the cream, turn the heat off, and add the remaining butter and the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
You forgot to add the mustard to the mustard sauce!!
noticed the sause recipe did not have the mustard in it. Wanted to know what the theory was about boiling mustard. Does it produce a mustard gas?
Stuffed chicken breast: I noticed you had the SRIRACHA sauce on the counter. But did not use it. Is that because the sausage was already spicy hot? Or, maybe just a “I forgot it moment”?
I forgot it moment🤣